Hello there! Thanks for stumbling upon this brand new site. So excited to have you here.
Just to give you a little bit about me:
* I’m the original creator of My Modern Met, an art and culture blog that gets over three million visitors a year. I was editor-in-chief there for over seven years.
* I’m the co-author of a book called For Love: 25 Heartwarming Celebrations of Humanity. It’s sold on Amazon and at your local bookstore.
* About four years ago, I went “manic” and found out that I was bipolar. My mother was also bipolar so I inherited this mental illness. (May she rest in peace.)
* I’m now the founder and CEO of Skylar Yoo, a company that’s all about women empowerment. We sell apparel, art prints and accessories to the modern feminist. We donate 20% of our profits split amongst two charities: The Malala Fund (empowering girls through education) and Bring Change to Mind (raising awareness of mental health).
* In 1999, I graduated from UCLA with a degree in Economics. (Go Bruins!) Later, I received my MBA from UC Riverside, specializing in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. (Business is in my blood.)
*I love collecting art, photography, and books. Oh, books! (Major bibliophile here.)
*When I’m not reading, you can find me on my Peloton (best instructors: Alex Toussaint, Ally Love, Cody Rigsby, and Emma Lovewell), playing with my two toddler boys, petting my two Cavalier King Charles, meditating with my Headspace app, or sleeping underneath my Buffy.
*I was a swimmer in high school and one of my crowning achievements in life was getting the MVP award in my junior year. I often swam the 200 IM and the 50 freestyle.
*My heroes are Oprah Winfrey (of course, right?), Tim Ferriss (Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World is a must read), Seth Godin (you must subscribe to his newsletter), Tina Roth Eisenberg (aka Swissmiss, Tattly and Creative Mornings founder), Simon Sinek (author of Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action), and Jeff Bezos (did you read this article?).
*Now, if you’d like to read about why I started this site, you can find that story in my first blog post.
How will we be different than other “random acts of kindness” sites? I’ll share some personal stories as well as creative ideas on how to make someone’s day.
Now, away we go!